Our secure, virus- and spam-free messaging solution not only provides standard IMAP/POP facilities, but also caters to the full range of features
offered by commercial-grade messaging systems. Following are its primary features:
• Collaboration suite: Besides email, our solution provides additional collaboration facilities like calendar sharing, task (to-do list), notes and instant messaging.
• Consolidation and redundancy: Based on your requirements we set up our solution on high-availability clusters, backed by load balancers.
• Search and archival facility: If for compliance purposes you need all emails and other messaging facilities to be archived we set up an additional archival solution that gives easy and powerful search facility for hunting down that specific email.
• Feature-rich (Web 2.0-enabled) webmail user interface.
• Flexibility to meet custom requirements: We offer flexibility to tweak the setup to meet your future requirements.
• Scalability: Our setups could be easily scaled up to users in the order of five-digit figures.
Our Messaging Solution Components
Postfix Mail Server
Postfix is a free and open-source mail transfer agent (MTA) that routes and delivers electronic mail. It is intended as a fast, easier-to-administer, and secure alternative to the widely-used Sendmail MTA. Postfix has a unique internal structure that supports SASLv1/v2, SSL/TLS, DB3, MySQL and LDAP.
Open LDAP Directory Service
OpenLDAP is an open source implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), that manages the global address book for all users.
Courier for IMAP and POP3 authentication
Courier-IMAP is a fast, scalable, enterprise IMAP server that uses maildirs as its native storage format and can also deliver mail to legacy mailbox files. Courier-IMAP can easily handle hundreds of thousands of mail accounts. Courier-IMAP implements several extensions to the basic maildir mail storage format in order to support some additional features, such as folders and “soft” quotas.
Horde Groupware Webmail
Horde Groupware Webmail Edition is an open source, enterprise-ready, browser-based communication suite. Users can read, send and organize email messages and manage and share calendars, contacts, tasks and notes with the standards compliant components. The instant messaging facility is offered by the Openfire utility — an XMPP (Jabber) server written in Java.
Integrated anti-virus and spam-filter solution
We deploy SpamAssassin, the leading open source anti-virus and anti-spam solutions available.
Based on your requirement, we can setup the whole solution in a HA clustered environment backed up by load balancers so that it gives your maximum uptime, irrespective of hardware failure or unprecedented load on the mail server. Of course, we understand, your specific requirement could be different. Contact us for a discussion, and we will customize our standard solution based on your specific requirements, besides drawing up a plan on how to seamlessly migrate you from your existing setup.